These bars are the perfect dessert when you’re craving something unique and full of flavor. They have crunchy almonds, pistachios, soft dates, and fresh lime juice, and it all comes together to make this perfect chewy and absolutely delicious bar.
Pistachio Lime Crunch Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bars:
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1/3 cup water from soaked dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the Coating:
- 3- 4 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- Soak the almonds and pistachios overnight or at least 4 hours.
- After they are done soaking, drain and rinse them well.
- Place wet ingredients (dates, water from soaked dates, lime juice, and coconut butter) into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the almonds, pistachios, and pulse them to combine.
- Remove the dough from processor and roll it into a slightly flat, long log then cut up into bars.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115°F about 3 hours.
- Remove them from the dehydrator, place them on the wire rack, and let them cool completely.
- With a spoon or a spatula, spoon some chocolate (the mixture of coconut butter and cacao butter) over each bar and spread the chocolate all the way to the edge and the sides. Sprinkle some lemon, lime zest, and some finely chopped pistachio.
- Repeat this until all bars are coated. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.