These bars are the perfect dessert when you’re craving something unique and full of flavor. They have crunchy almonds, pistachios, soft dates, and fresh lime juice, and it all comes together to make this perfect chewy and absolutely delicious bar.
Pistachio Lime Crunch Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pistachio Lime Crunch Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bars:
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1/3 cup water from soaked dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the Coating:
- 3- 4 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
How to Prepare Pistachio Lime Crunch Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak the almonds and pistachios overnight or at least 4 hours.
- After they are done soaking, drain and rinse them well.
- Place wet ingredients (dates, water from soaked dates, lime juice, and coconut butter) into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the almonds, pistachios, and pulse them to combine.
- Remove the dough from processor and roll it into a slightly flat, long log then cut up into bars.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115°F about 3 hours.
- Remove them from the dehydrator, place them on the wire rack, and let them cool completely.
- With a spoon or a spatula, spoon some chocolate (the mixture of coconut butter and cacao butter) over each bar and spread the chocolate all the way to the edge and the sides. Sprinkle some lemon, lime zest, and some finely chopped pistachio.
- Repeat this until all bars are coated. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 471 | Carbs: 32g | Fat: 37g | Protein: 10g | Sodium: 111mg | Sugar: 3gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.