There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of nourishing porridge to start the day with, warming the tum and giving you the sustained energy you need to do all the things you need to do before midday. This Apple Cinnamon Quinoa porridge will do just that! Fill you up and keep you going until your mid-morning snack, or even lunch! It consists of a handful of ingredients, and only takes a couple of minutes to make.
Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
- 1/3 Cup White Organic Quinoa
- 2/3 Cup Plant Milk
- 2 Grated Medium Organic Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Scraped Vanilla Pod
- Pinch of Salt
How to Prepare Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
- Rinse and drain your quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
- Place into a small sauce pot with your plant milk and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce heat and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Rinse your apples and grate. Once grated, add to the porridge with the remaining ingredients.
- If the porridge begins to stick, add a little more plant milk, stir and reduce heat further.
- Serve in a bowl accompanied with your favorite toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.