Here’s great way to use those pears in a loaf of bread that's as healthy as it is delicious. The bread has a wonderful hearty texture along with a savory blend of spices. Plus it's grain-free and you get the added benefits that pears provide you – they are full of antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory benefits
Pear Pecan Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo]
- 3/4 cup pecan meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup peeled and pureed pear
- 2 tablespoons plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a blender or coffee grinder, blend the pecans till fine crumbles appear.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pecans with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Peel and puree the pear in a blender and add it to the dry ingredients with the milk and vanilla. Mix the ingredients well.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased mini loaf pan. It will have a thick consistency.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy it warm or refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
- If you need to bake ahead and store for later, this bread freezes well. Thaw in the refrigerator or countertop for great texture.