These rich fudge-like peanut butter fig bars will melt in your mouth and remind you just how well peanut butter and jelly get along. The fig in the crust is reminiscent of the sweetness of grape jelly, and those crispy fig seeds create an interesting and unique texture.
Peanut Butter Fig Bars [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Fig Bars [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, if your peanut butter is salted)
- 1 1/2 cups dried figs, Turkish or Mission
- 1/2 cup walnuts
How to Prepare Peanut Butter Fig Bars [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- Cut off the fig stems, and half them.
- Blend the walnuts and figs together until they start to stick together.
- Pat the crust down firm into an 8x6-inch glass dish.
- Blend together peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut nectar and sea salt (if your peanut butter is unsalted) and pour it on top of the crust.
- Freeze the bars for an hour or until hard. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Check the sweetness of the peanut butter filling. To amp up the sweetness, use 1/4 cup coconut nectar, or 1/8-1/4 cup of agave for a different kind of sweetness. If your figs are super dry, soak them for 15 minutes or until they start to soften a bit.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.