This peach crumb cake is super tasty and fun to make! Plus, you can switch the fruit out to whatever you're feeling. It's versatile and so great for summer. You have to try this peach crumb cake.
Peach Crumb Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 2/3 cup spelt flour
- 6.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon tartar baking powder
- 1 tablespoon soy flour + 2 tablespoons water
- 3-4 tablespoons raw cane sugar (alternatively birch sugar)
- Grated zest of an organic lemon
- 1/2 cup cold, vegetable margarine
- Fresh fruit or from a can
For the Streusel:
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 6.5 tablespoons ounces raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 5 tablespoons soft, vegetable margarine
- Put the dry ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead into a dough.
- Chill for approx. 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F top/bottom heat.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan or line it with baking paper.
- Place 2/3 of the dough in the springform pan.
- Form an edge with the rest of the dough.
- Spread the fruit on the floor (let the canned fruit drain first)
- Knead the ingredients for the crumble and spread over the fruit.
- Bake about 25-30 min.
- Enjoy while still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.