Easy and delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are thick, chewy, and highly addicting. Made with simple ingredients, this oatmeal bar recipe will become a family favorite! But, if you aren’t baking your cookies into bars, you are in for a treat! I mean, is there anything better than a cookie recipe that requires very little effort and half the prep time? These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are chewy, delicious, and perfect for when you need a quick and easy dessert. You could even top them with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream! They are thick, chewy, highly addictive, and easy to make with simple ingredients! Everyone needs a delicious bar recipe for days when you don’t have the time to make individual cookies. These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are such an easy dessert to whip up for the last minute!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars [Vegan]
- 1/ 2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup salted vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8–inch pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine water and a flaxseed meal. Place in refrigerator to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- While the flaxseed meal is in the refrigerator, prepare the rest of the batter. In the bowl of electric fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, beat butter with sugars on medium-low speed until pale and creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and thickened flaxseed meal. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate, reserving a few pieces to sprinkle over the top.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes, before using aluminum foil to pull the bars out of the pan. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once bars are completely cool, sprinkle with flaked sea salt and cut into squares.