Easy to make and decadently delicious, this cheesecake can satisfy anyone’s chocolate craving. Best of all, there’s no need to heat the oven. It's served with a delectable cashew chantilly cream — essentially, a fancy name for whipped cream, and topped with fresh, juicy raspberries.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake With Cashew Chantilly Cream [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups vegan chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
For the Filling:
- 7 ounces vegan semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Fresh raspberries
- Cashew chantilly cream (recipe below)
- Chocolate curls
- Cacao nibs
For the Cashew Chantilly Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups cashew cream
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted refined coconut oil
To Make the Crust:
- Lightly oil an 8-inch springform pan or spray it with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter and pulse to combine. The mixture should hold together when pressed between two fingers. If it’s too dry, add another tablespoon of melted butter; if it’s too wet, add another tablespoon of crumbs.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Press the mixture into the springform pan using your fingers to make a firm, even crust. Refrigerate or freeze while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave or over a saucepan of simmering water. Keep warm.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the drained cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Scrape the filling into the prepared crust. Tap on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles, then refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, run a butter knife along the edge and gently remove the sides of the pan. Top with your choice of berries, cashew cream, or chocolate curls. Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To Make the Cashew Chantilly Cream:
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cashew cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla and blend until smooth. With the machine running, add the melted coconut oil, blending well.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before using.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake from VEGANIZE IT! by Robin Robertson, William Brinson, and Susan Brinson. Copyright © 2017 by Robin Robertson, William Brinson, and Susan Brinson. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. Cashew Chantilly Cream from VEGANIZE IT! by Robin Robertson. Copyright © 2017 by Robin Robertson. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- Chocolate Cake