Crunchy and chocolatey, this satisfying butter cookie recipe that is full of flavor and incredibly healthy, thanks to substituting tahini for vegan butter! Serve with a warm cup of favorite tea as you bask in the deliciousness of your wonderful creation!
Tahini Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tahini Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted cold-pressed organic coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons carob powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
How to Prepare Tahini Chocolate Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Start off by adding the chia seeds into a small bowl, add the water and set aside to absorb the water and swell. This will be the binding agent for the recipe — the chia egg.
- Next, place the melted coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Add the tahini and rice malt syrup and mix together. Slowly add the carob powder and mix further.
- Add the chia egg once it has swelled, and mix through. Next add the salt, baking soda, almond meal, and gluten-free flour.
- Mix all ingredients well until all are combined.
- On a lined baking tray, spoon spoonfuls of the mixture into your hands and roll into balls.
- Evenly distribute the balls over the tray, and using a fork, squish down each ball into a cookie shape.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Times may vary according to different ovens.
- Remove from oven, lightly sprinkle with sesame seeds and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.