A simple and flavorful way to use that extra eggplant and zucchini from your CSA, garden or even just an overzealous shopping trip. This is incredible by itself, but would work well as a satisfying side or even the filling of a delicious veggie sandwich.
Miso Roasted Eggplant and Zucchini [Vegan]
- 1 large eggplant cut into 3/4 inch pieces OR equivalent small eggplants halved
- ½ tbs of olive oil
- 1½ tbs miso (I used a mild white miso)
- 1 tbs mirin
- ½ tbs sugar
- ½ tbs cooking sake
- 1 tbs water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the eggplant in the oil (or you can use zucchini too. See note.) and put in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the vegetables and return to the oven for another 10 minutes for the sauce to caramelise.
- Garnish with some finely chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.
I also made this with some zucchini cut into 1 cm thick sticks
Per Serving: Calories: 136 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 481 mg | Sugar: 14 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Many thanks for this recipe Rosalie, your suggestions are very helpful and I shall try making this on the weekend! :)