These delicious slow roasted sweet potatoes are filled with a kidney bean veggie mixture and topped with cashew dill cream cheese and herbs. They are easy to make for lunch or dinner! Plus, they pack in lots of protein thanks to the beans.
Mexican-Style Sweet Potatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mexican-Style Sweet Potatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Potatoes:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- Cracked salt and pepper
How to Prepare Mexican-Style Sweet Potatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Preheat oven to 430°F.
- Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. Place on an pan lined with parchment paper and roast for an hour or an hour and a half until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife and the inside is soft.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the coconut oil in a medium sized sauté pan. Add the spring onions and cook until they soften. Add the spices and tomato concentrate and cook for another minute or two.
- Next stir in the beans and pepper, season with salt and pepper and mix everything well to combine the flavors.
- When the potatoes have cooled slightly, slice each potato down the center, almost through to the bottom. Carefully open and spoon in the bean mixture.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 766 | Total Carbs: 125 g | Total Fat: 15 g | Total Protein: 30 g | Total Sodium: 326 g | Total Sugar: 21 g Calculation not including optional toppings.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.