The magic of cashews is what gives the yogurt in this parfait its dreamy, creamy texture. Although it's not fermented like traditional yogurt, it still has that sweet and tangy flavor that we all know and love. Paired with crunchy granola and fresh fruit, this yogurt parfait is the perfect start to any day!
Homemade Coconut Cashew Yogurt Parfait [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water 2-4 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, cold (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons probiotic powder, optional (or open one probiotic capsule)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4-1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Drain and rinse cashews. Discard water. Place first seven ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. It should be thick like yogurt. If it's too thick, you can add a bit more milk.
- Layer each ingredient into your favorite glass. You can enjoy immediately, or let it sit in the fridge for a bit.