This recipe is wheat-free, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, preservative-free, vegan, and sugar free! It’s a free for all, I tell ya! Delicious, the perfect amount of crunch, and a great on the go snack or breakfast. Alternatively, you can use rolled oats (make sure they’re organic gluten-free) instead of the buckwheat groats.
Sugar-Free Buckwheat Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup buckwheat groats (raw or sprouted/soaked)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoon hemp protein powder
- 2 tablespoon of raw cacao nibs or unsweetened carob chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
For the Wet Ingredients:
- A drop of vanilla stevia extract, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (for nut-free version) or raw almond butter.
- 3-4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- Stevia, to taste or 2-3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sprouted almonds or other nuts/seeds of choice (optional
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients together until there are no clumps left. Pour the wet mixture into the big bowl of dry ingredients and fully coat everything until clusters start to form.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking paper. Transfer the granola mixture onto the lined sheet and spread evenly so that it evenly bakes. Bake for 15 minutes. Check back and using a spatula, flip around the mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and remove once golden brown. It may still look a little wet, but that’s fine. You will need to let it cool and dry for about half an hour or so before serving with your favourite coconut yogurt, almond milk, or fruit fresh,
For a raw version (if you have a dehydrator), dehydrate at 115°F for 7-8 hours until golden brown and crispy.