This bowl is packed with ingredients that contain polyphenols, a strong antioxidant that helps our skin regulate functions that protect from sun exposure. The ingredients in this bowl will nourish your skin from the inside out. Your skin will thank you! Plus, this is a super quick, tasty burrito bowl that won't hurt your wallet. Glowing skin, skin protection, a happy tummy — what more could you ask for?
High Protein Kidney Bean Burrito Bowl [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 can of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jar of crushed tomatoes (no sodium or low-sodium)
- Bag of frozen peppers and onion mix (see notes for fresh ingredients)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 big spoonfuls of vegan sour cream
- 2 shakes of vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado
- In a large skillet, heat up the coconut oil.
- Add the bag of frozen (or freshly chopped) pepper and onion mix. Cook until sautéed.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, and beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the spices, seasonings, 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into two bowls, top with the vegan sour cream, and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Slice the avocado in half and top each bowl with half of an avocado and serve.
If you want to use fresh produce, you’ll need: 1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper, 1 green pepper, and 1 yellow onion