The best ever gluten-free brownies made vegan and high in protein! These brownies are so dense and fudgy–you would never know that they are naturally sweetened with dates and not refined sugar!
Healthy Chocolate Orange Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo]
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (or brown rice flour for paleo)
- 1-ounce chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweeten cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon special dark unsweetened cocao powder
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup unsalted all natural almond butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Orange slices (to top, optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and prepare 6x6-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the flour, protein, cocoa powders, salt, and baking powder into a stand-alone mixer and mix until combined.
- Place the pitted dates, zest, almond butter, and melted coconut oil into a food processor and blend until smooth. Dump contents into the stand-alone mixer with the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the water and mix until a batter forms. The batter will be very thick almost dough like.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan, top with orange slices and bake for 17-20 minutes. Don't over bake. Remove and let cool. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting into squares and serving.