These grilled zucchini ribbons are a fantastic side option at any barbecue. They are slathered in a zesty Sriracha marinade and then grilled until tender and slightly charred. Unique and delicious!
Grilled Zucchini Ribbons With Sriracha Marinade [Vegan]
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice the zucchini with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler.
- Thread the zucchini onto the skewers and pack them rather tightly. It will prevent them from falling off.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl or process in a blender if you prefer a very smooth consistency. Set aside until you are ready to grill the zucchini skewers.
- When you are just about to grill your zucchini spread the marinade generously onto them and make sure you get as much marinade as possible in between the slices.
- Grill the skewers for a a couple of minutes on each side. They are done in a few minutes. Keep an eye on them, depending on the heat they can burn quickly.