This flatbread is a great meal to serve company because it is impressive and easy to make. Topped with kale-cashew pesto, Shiitake bacon, and tender grilled zucchini, it's flavorful and loaded with healthy veggies!
Grilled Zucchini Flatbread [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup sliced kale
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
For the Shiitake Bacon:
- 1 packages of Shiitakes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
For the Rest:
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- For the Shiitake bacon, slice the mushrooms, coat them in all the ingredients, and bake in the oven at 250°F for 30 minutes.
- Rotate the mushrooms halfway through so that they cook evenly. The mushrooms should be crispy, not hard.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the zucchini, top it with salt and pepper, and grill it for a few minutes on each side.
- Prep the pesto by throwing everything in a food processor.
- Top the flatbread with pesto, sliced zucchinis, vegan parm, olive oil, and red pepper and bake it for 10 minutes or until it's golden brown.
- Garnish it with shiitake bacon and fresh basil and serve it.