A light and fresh zucchini lasagna recipe for summer! Rolled with hummus and fresh spinach, then topped with simple tomato sauce, fresh basil, and toasted pine nuts – this zucchini lasagna will be a warm weather favorite!
Fresh and Light Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Thinly slice zucchini with a mandoline.
- Place slices on a paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for about 20 minutes while you make the homemade tomato sauce, if making.
- After 20 minutes, you'll press each side with a paper towel and spread each slice with a layer of hummus on one side.
- Cover the hummus with a few spinach leaves, and roll it up.
- Place each roll seam side down in an 8x8-inch baking dish coated with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Top with more tomato sauce and bake at 350F uncovered for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Optional sprinkle of vegan Parmesan.