If you have a soft spot for chocolate, these brownies will make their way into your regular dessert rotation. The avocado makes them smooth, creamy, and decadent. But the best part about this recipe is that it's healthy ... as far as brownies go, at least.
Flourless Avocado Black Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium sized avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Place the black beans, avocado, flax egg, coconut sugar, and coconut oil in a food processor and purée them until they are well mixed.
- Blend in the baking powder, baking soda, and cacao powder. Blend the mixture for another 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes
- After 25 minutes, place a knife in the mixture. If it is done, it should pierce the brownie and come out with no residue.
- Cut the brownies into 15 bars and sprinkle them with more chocolate chips
- Beans - Black
- Raw Cacao
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Hi, I tried this recipe and it just didn\’t work for me. Such a shame. I followed the recipe but was unsuccessful :(