This easy pancake recipe calls for mixing flour and water and letting it sit covered for several hours or overnight before cooking. The flour ferments and lightens thanks to the air bubbles, and the pancakes are surprisingly light and delicious. You can even make the pancakes gluten-free if you wish, by using a mixture of garbanzo flour and chia, buckwheat or brown rice flour. Of course, the texture will be different with whatever ingredients you use.
Easy Overnight Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup garbanzo flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 cups water
- Optional ingredients: 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a sprinkling of cinnamon, berries, shredded apple
- Combine the flours and water in a bowl, mix well until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit overnight at room temperature.
- The next morning, heat up a non-stick skillet and if you are unsure about it, you can spray it with a little spray oil.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter and cook the pancakes on medium heat until golden, turning once.
- Serve with maple syrup or fruit sauce.
- Grain-Free Flour