This easy mushroom stir-fry is loaded with bold, savory flavor. Since the sauce is made from scratch, you don't have to worry about the sodium or hidden preservatives found in most store-bought sauces. Pair these flavorful veggies with noodles or rice.
Easy Mushroom Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Mushroom Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 large red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped and tops set aside for garnish
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- A cube of ginger, minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
For the Sauce:
How to Prepare Easy Mushroom Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put a wok or large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil and red pepper flakes. When the pepper flakes begin to sizzle, add the peppers and celery and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the onions and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Re-stir the sauce to make sure the cornstarch is dissolved and add it to the pan. Stir fry a minute or two. Top with chopped green onion tops and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.