This easy mushroom stir-fry is loaded with bold, savory flavor. Since the sauce is made from scratch, you don't have to worry about the sodium or hidden preservatives found in most store-bought sauces. Pair these flavorful veggies with noodles or rice.
Easy Mushroom Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 large red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped and tops set aside for garnish
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- A cube of ginger, minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put a wok or large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil and red pepper flakes. When the pepper flakes begin to sizzle, add the peppers and celery and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the onions and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Re-stir the sauce to make sure the cornstarch is dissolved and add it to the pan. Stir fry a minute or two. Top with chopped green onion tops and serve.