Quinoa adds a wonderful boost of protein to these gluten-free, vegan Grilled Artichoke and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps and the lemon brings some flavor and acidity to them. These wraps are also perfect for packing as lunch the next day, since they are best served at room temperature. If cleaning fresh artichokes is not something you are into, use jarred artichoke hearts. Rinse them and drain them well before grilling.
Grilled Artichoke and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Grilled Artichoke and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 ounces cellophane or vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 artichoke hearts or 2 fresh artichokes, trimmed, cleaned and boiled until tender
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa prepared with vegetable broth
- 5 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 4 to 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce
How to Prepare Grilled Artichoke and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook the noodles in a medium pot of boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the artichoke hearts with the garlic and oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill the artichokes until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side. Coarsely chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the quinoa, scallions, nuts and lemon juice to the large bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among the lettuce cups and top each with an equal amount of noodles.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 315 | Carbs: 37 g | Fat: 16 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 45 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.