There is something so satisfying and easy about throwing a sweet potato into the oven and building a great dinner around it. You can stuff a sweet potato with all kinds of things from grains, beans, sautéed vegetables, or in this case, curried chickpeas and creamy avocado. This recipe is super quick- just roast the marinated chickpeas and mash up some avocado and you have an easy and tasty stuffing that’s high in healthy fats and protein.
Curried Chickpea and Avocado Sweet Potatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chickpeas:
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Guacamole:
- 2 avocado, pitted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
For the Garnish:
- 1 cherry pepper or jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- More chopped cilantro
To Make the Sweet Potatoes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place in the oven on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and easily pierced to the center.
To Make the Chickpeas:
- Place the chickpeas on an oiled sheet pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
To Make the Guacamole:
- Mash the avocado with the lime, sea salt, cilantro, and black pepper.
- After removing the sweet potatoes from the oven, slice them lengthwise and place them on a plate.
- Top with the guacamole, curried chickpeas, and salsa. Garnish with cilantro and chopped peppers.