These crispy seitan fingers are so versatile and hit all the right notes – they're crunchy, savory, juicy, and mega flavorful. They would make an amazing appetizer, finger food, filling for a sandwich, or topping for a salad. Kids will especially love them!
Crispy Seitan Fingers [Vegan]
- Seitan, homemade or store-bought
- Non-dairy milk, as needed
- Flour, as needed to coat the fingers
- 1 cup oil to deep fry
- 1 cup vegan bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- A bowl full of mixed greens
- Dressing of choice
- Prepare your seitan, if you are making it from scratch.
- Slice the prepared seitan into strips or tear into pieces.
- Pour oil into a pan and put on medium heat. Let it warm up while you prepare the rest.
- Prepare three separate bowls. Add the milk to the first bowl, the flour to the second, and the breadcrumb mixture to the third.
- Start by dipping each piece of seitan in the milk.
- Then, coat in the flour on both sides.
- Finally, press each side firmly down in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Drop the seitan into the hot oil and fry until both sides are browned.
- Take out with tongs (this is easiest, trust me!) and place on a plate or bowl to cool.
- Add the seitan to salad, a sandwich, or eat them with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile