This Creamy Coconut Spirulina Superfood Smoothie recipe is an easy way to boost energy and protein intake with real food. No protein powder needed. A “balanced” creamy Superfood smoothie with coconut milk, spirulina, fruit, avocado, ginger root, and a pinch antioxidant-rich spices! Paleo and vegan-friendly for all.
Coconut Spirulina Superfood Smoothie [Vegan, Paleo]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Spirulina Superfood Smoothie [Vegan, Paleo]
- 2-3 tablespoons chilled coconut cream
- 1 small avocado
- 1-2 strips fresh ginger root, or 1 tablespoon grated
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to sweetness desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamon spice
- 14-ounces almond milk
- 1 scoop spirulina powder (around 1/4-ounces)
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Chia seeds or topping of choice (optional)
How to Prepare Coconut Spirulina Superfood Smoothie [Vegan, Paleo]
- Make sure to have a can of coconut cream in the fridge. This will help thicken the smoothie when you blend. You can use at room temperature coconut cream but it won't be as thick. You also have the option of leaving out the coconut cream if desired.
- Next peel your fruits, avocado, and grate your ginger.
- Place in a blender, add the spirulina last. Blend until smooth.
- Add a pinch of spirulina on top and a dash of coconut milk then place a fork in the middle of the cup to "swirl" together if you want that effect.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 250 | Carbs: 21 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 8 g | Sugar: 11 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.