This is a healthy, vegan take on a classic snack: rice krispies treats. This version takes your taste buds above and beyond with vegan marshmallow creme and vegan chocolate chips, mixed with an unlikely combo of chia and hemp seeds.
Cocoa Puffed Rice and Kamut Crispies [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons freshly brewed coffee or water
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 4 cups puffed kamut cereal
- Combine the chia seeds and coffee or water in a small bowl, stir and set aside until thickened. In a large bowl, combine the hemp seeds, puffed rice and puffed kamut cereals. Set aside. Prepare a 9″ x 13″ pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, gently warm the marshmallow creme, cocoa and chocolate chips, stirring to thoroughly melt the chocolate chips. When the mixture is melted and combined, pour it into the cereal mixture and stir until all of the cereal is coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the cereal/chocolate mixture into the pan and place in the refrigerator until set. Cut into squares.
- Chocolate Candy Bars & Treats
- Grains - Other
- Hemp Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2324 | Total Carbs: 416 g | Total Fat: 78 g | Total Protein: 50 g | Total Sodium: 23 g | Total Sugar: 230 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Wonderful vegan recipes on this website!
Mmmm….and kids love them!