This recipe will make a perfect side dish, and honestly makes a perfect comforting meal, just add some salad on the side and if you are not feeling up to it, do not bother, some days we need just the carbs!
Cilantro, Lime and Black Bean Rice [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, finely diced
- 2 pods minced garlic
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 11/2 teaspoons freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil and add in the onion and sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the rice and mix well and stir the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cumin, red cayenne pepper and turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Add in 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, the rice should be still wet and mostly cooked.
- Stir in the beans and reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove the cover, cut and squeeze in the lime juice and stir in the cilantro.
- Let the rice rest undisturbed for 10 minutes. Serve as desired with your favorite meal.
- Beans - Black
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1105 | Total Carbs: 184 g | Total Fat: 28 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 312 g | Total Sugar: 5 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This was pretty bland. It wasn\’t savory and just tasted like the lime and the heat from the spices.
I just LOVE this recipe…this is the second time I\’ve made it this week!! And both times I doubled the recipe. So spicy & delicious.
This is seriously my favorite rice and beans recipe EVER, and I have tried tons of them. I now make this once a week and double it and even then it doesn\’t last the whole week. Thank you!