Meet your new favorite game day snack. Crispy, crunchy wonton wrappers are packed with smoky, protein-rich chili made from beans, quinoa, and meat-free crumbles. These are so hearty and filling that they could easily serve as a meal, depending on how many you devour. Add a sprinkle of vegan cheese shreds and a dollop of dairy-free sour cream to add presentation and flavor
Chili Wonton Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chili Wonton Cups [Vegan]
For the Chili:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 15-ounce can red beans
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Vegan sour cream, as desired
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 11-ounce package beefless crumbles or make your own
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 4 tablespoons chives
- About 30-40 vegan wonton wrappers
For the Shiitake Bacon:
- 1 8-ounce package of Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
How to Prepare Chili Wonton Cups [Vegan]
To Make the Shiitake Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking with tinfoil.
- Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients, and bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms in between midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard.
To Make the Chili:
- In a pan, heat garlic with olive oil and cook until fragrant. Add the onions, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, cumin, and chili powder and cook until clear, then add the peppers, diced chilis in adobo sauce, and spices. Cook for 5 minutes. Now, add the crumbles.
- Rinse all of the beans to remove excess sodium and then throw them in a large pot on medium heat with the crushed tomatoes and precooked quinoa. Now, add the onions and peppers to the large pot. For the best flavor let simmer for a few hours.
- As the chili cooks, prepare the wontons.
- Preheat oven to 300°F, place a single wonton wrapper in a muffin pan and press the wonton against the molding. Lightly spray with olive oil, and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Rotate mid-way to prevent burning. Remove from molds and let cool.
- Fill the cups with vegan chili and top with Shiitake bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 79 | Carbs: 12 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 153 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.