This Chickpea “Tuna” Salad Sandwich is super quick and easy to make, only requires 10 ingredients, healthy and packed with protein, vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!
Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1 can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup celery chopped small
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 large carrot or 6-9 small snacking carrots)
- 1/3 cup pickles chopped up
- Optional: GF bread to serve on or enjoy this recipe plain.
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon natural tahini
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 – 2 1/2 tablespoons water to thin it out (ad very last, you want it to be pretty thick so it will mix in and evenly coat everything)
For the Dressing:
How to Prepare Chickpea Tuna Salad Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- First, drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and add them to a large mixing bowl. (you can peel the skins off if they bother you but I personally did not)
- Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the chickpeas, some chunks are ok but mash as best you can.
- Chop up the rest of the ingredients and add them to the bowl. Give it a stir.
- Mix up the dressing in a separate small bowl, pour it on top the mixture and stir everything up until it is well coated. (if you like really heavy dressing then double the dressing recipe)
- Makes about 4-6 sandwiches worth depending on size of bread.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 298 | Carbs: 53 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 445 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.