These soft chocolate-coated chocolate chip cookie dough bites are so good, they'll have everyone begging for the recipe. There's no arguing that chickpeas make possibly the best cookie dough you'll ever taste.
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed (reserve 1 tablespoon of the aquafaba — liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon of aquafaba
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 24 vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chocolate chips, plus 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the chickpea in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up a bit.
- Use a teaspoon and spoon the mixture onto a parchment sheet lined cookie sheet. Gently place a chocolate chip in the middle of each bite (like a thumbprint cookie, but then smooth the top back out). Place in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
- While your dough is in the freezer, combine your chocolate chips and coconut oil in a pot on the stove and set to low heat. Melt the chips and remove the chickpea dough from the freezer.
- Using a spoon, dunk the chickpea dough into the melted chocolate and coat it well. Place the coated bites back onto the parchment paper and back in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set (overnight is best).