Cheesy Broccoli Soup is great for a cold day. It is vegan so it gets the cheesy flavour from nutritional yeast. It also contains garlic and cayenne pepper which both have amazing healing properties. Herbs and spices also offer a wide range of healing properties from easing digestion to reducing inflammation.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Broccoli Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 big broccoli florets, chopped (4 1/2 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped (1.2 cups)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Cheesy Broccoli Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place oil in a large pot and heat to medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Now add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, potatoes, broth, nut milk, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until potatoes are soft, roughly 15 minutes.
- Add cashew butter, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Purée the soup in batches in a food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Top with roasted broccoli, roasted potatoes, nutritional yeast, and pepper.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 244 | Carbs: 31 g | Fat: 12 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 110 mg | Sugar: 7 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.