Make no bones about it, this vegan bone broth is hands down far more nurturing than any animal-based broth ever could be. If you are looking for a mineral rich and healing stock, look no further! The sea vegetable arame adds an abundance of minerals to the stock and is the perfect vegan substitute for animal product-based "healing" broths. This vegan bone broth recipe can be enjoyed any time you wish to give your digestive system a rest. Chop the vegetables as small as possible to have the flavor come out with less cooking time.
How to Make a Delicious No-Bone Broth [Vegan]
- 14 cups cold water
- 2 large onions, chopped small
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 large potato, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, chopped small
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 1 large zucchini, chopped small
- 1 large parsnip, chopped small (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 corn cob (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup arame
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke or smoked paprika (optional)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place the cold water in a large stockpot over high heat. Begin chopping the vegetables and placing them in the pot as you go, along with the arame. Add bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain well before using.
- Add liquid smoke if using, and salt and pepper to taste before serving.