Make no bones about it, this vegan bone broth is hands down far more nurturing than any animal-based broth ever could be. If you are looking for a mineral rich and healing stock, look no further! The sea vegetable arame adds an abundance of minerals to the stock and is the perfect vegan substitute for animal product-based "healing" broths. This vegan bone broth recipe can be enjoyed any time you wish to give your digestive system a rest. Chop the vegetables as small as possible to have the flavor come out with less cooking time.
How to Make a Delicious No-Bone Broth [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for How to Make a Delicious No-Bone Broth [Vegan]
- 14 cups cold water
- 2 large onions, chopped small
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 large potato, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, chopped small
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 1 large zucchini, chopped small
- 1 large parsnip, chopped small (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 corn cob (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup arame
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke or smoked paprika (optional)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
How to Prepare How to Make a Delicious No-Bone Broth [Vegan]
- Place the cold water in a large stockpot over high heat. Begin chopping the vegetables and placing them in the pot as you go, along with the arame. Add bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain well before using.
- Add liquid smoke if using, and salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 692 | Total Carbs: 158 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 20 g | Total Sodium: 426 mg | Total Sugar: 38 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.