When it comes to recreating your favorite childhood meals, it's all about the seasoning and these carrot hot dogs got it right. They're made by boiling carrots until soft and then marinating them in a savory sauce. After that, you just fry them to make them a little crispy and ... ta-dah! You have yourself a whole foods-based and budget-friendly meal that's a childhood favorite.
Carrot Hot Dogs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Hot Dogs [Vegan]
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Prepare Carrot Hot Dogs [Vegan]
- Peel carrots and cut off ends.
- Boil them until a fork goes through them. Be sure not to over boil so they fall apart.
- Once done, run under cold water.
- Create the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Soak the carrots for at least 4 hours in the marinade, more if you would like.
- Rotate them after a couple hours.
- When ready, fry them in a frying pan with a small amount of oil until browned on all sides.
You can change the marinade to your liking. Too vinegary? Add more water. Etc.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 198 | Total Carbs: 48 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 7 g | Total Sodium: 2159 g | Total Sugar: 30 g (Per Serving) Calories: 50 | Carbs: 12 g | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 540 g | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.