Decadence in a cup! This recipe turns out a creamy, velvety, deeply flavored pudding without any added guilt.
Cardamom Coconut Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- 2 cups coconut (or soy) milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant oats, which will turn to mush when soaked!)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cardamom pods, gently crushed to expose seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together and give them a good stir. Refrigerate for at least an hour (up to overnight).
- Prior to serving, fish out the cardamom pods. Stir in fruit of choice (berries or chopped mango work nicely here), add a splash of coconut milk for a more liquid pudding, and serve toddlers, kids and adults. Purée for babies.