This is mac and cheese is one satisfying meal. Warm, creamy, and flavorful, the creamy sauce is made from carrots, potatoes, and nutritional yeast with savory seasoning. Tender broccoli and cauliflower and stirred in to add an additional dose of veggies. Sprinkle this with a few turns of cracked black pepper and dig in!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheesy Mac [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium potatoes, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable stock paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- Boil the carrots and potatoes in a large pot of water until easily pierced with a fork. Once they are ready, reserve 1/2 cup of the water and drain the rest.
- While that is happening get your pasta boiling, too. Cook according to the package instructions and halfway through, add the cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add all of the ingredients except the cauliflower, broccoli, and the pasta to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, broccoli, and pasta.
Adapted from Experiments in Veganism.