These truffles look like they've come right out of a super trendy chocolate shop and taste like it, too. Their dark chocolate center is infused with liqueur and it also has ground hazelnuts and dried fruit for a touch of sweetness. The creamy white chocolate coating is simply divine and the chocolate drizzle on top is optional, but it makes them perfectly picturesque. They're so rich and tasty, only one or two of these are sure to satisfy the sweetest of sweet tooths.
Boozy Black and White Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Truffles:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup dried plums or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1/4 cup double Dutch dark cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- A pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 10.5 ounces vegan white chocolate
For the Toppings:
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted for drizzling
- Chopped nuts
- In a double boiler, melt 1 cup vegan chocolate. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine ingredients from hazelnuts through salt and mix.
- On stir speed, add melted chocolate to mixer bowl until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon of almond milk until mixture begins to bind.
- Using a scant tablespoon at a time, roll the mixture into balls. It helps to coat your hands in a bit of powdered sugar.
- In a clean double boiler, melt white chocolate. Working quickly, roll each of the chocolate balls in the white chocolate, coating well.
- Place on a sheet of parchment, at this point while the white chocolate is still soft top with the sprinkles and nuts, if using. Allow to harden on parchment.
- If desired, melt the additional 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate and drizzle over the truffles. Pop in the freezer for 5 minutes to quickly set the chocolate drizzle.