These cookie sandwiches are guaranteed to dethrone store-bought versions as your favorite sweet. Rather than thin, crisp cookies, this recipe uses pillowy soft ones as the vessel for the tangy, not-overly-sweet cream cheese icing. They come together quickly and require little baking time!
Better-Than-Oreos With Cream Cheese Icing [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Better-Than-Oreos With Cream Cheese Icing [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 container vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Tiny dash of vanilla extract
How to Prepare Better-Than-Oreos With Cream Cheese Icing [Vegan]
To Make the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Mix vegan cream cheese with powdered sugar. Taste to see if it’s sweet enough, add more powdered sugar if you want. Vanilla extract is optional.
- Put filling in a piping bag or sandwich bag. Place bag in refrigerator until cookies are completely cooled.
To Make the Cookies:
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar together.
- Mix in almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl then add to the everything else. Mix well. The mixture will seem dry or super thick but keep going.
- Roll large pieces of dough and place on a cookie sheet. I rolled 10 balls and used 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes.
- Allow to cool then place in refrigerator until completely cool. Pipe vegan cream cheese filling between two cookies.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chocolate Cookie
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 4069 | Total Carbs: 610 g | Total Fat: 157 g | Total Protein: 54 g | Total Sodium: 5688 g | Total Sugar: 265 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.