These sliders are the perfect appetizer for casual parties. They're meaty and flavorful, but totally customizable according to what spices you like. The rolls are fluffy, light, soft, and pillowy — in other words, they're perfect. Toast them up before serving and enjoy.
BBQ Black Bean Ball Sliders on Homemade Rolls [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and mashed
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If not using a non-stick pan, grease your pan.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and roll into dough balls approximately half the size of your palm.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Smash the black beans, then add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly, adding more breadcrumbs if you need.
- Form the mixture into balls, slightly smaller than your rolls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the meatballs so they become crispy.
- Flip them over when crispy.
- When crispy on both sides, add a half a tablespoon of BBQ sauce right on top of the meatballs, rolling them around to coat them and continue to fry until coated.
- Slice your rolls and add a meatball and serve with a little more BBQ sauce.
- Beans - Black