Check out this southern spin on a Mexican classic. These nachos are fully loaded with homemade Chile con Queso, pulled BBQ seitan, BBQ sauce, collard greens, scallions, and pickles. This unique combination of flavors will surprise and delight you.
BBQ Bean or Seitan Nachos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for BBQ Bean or Seitan Nachos [Vegan]
- 1 cup soft or silken tofu, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with chilis, drained
- Warm tortilla chips, as needed
- 2 cups barbecued beans or other barbecued plant-based protein, such as seitan
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup cooked collard greens, chopped and well-drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- 3 scallions, chopped
How to Prepare BBQ Bean or Seitan Nachos [Vegan]
- Combine the tofu, milk, yogurt, red pepper, tapioca, yeast, salt, and onion in a blender. Blend very well.
- Add the mixture to a medium pot and bring it to boil over medium heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes and return the mixture to a light simmer.
- Cook the mixture, stirring often until it's thick and the tapioca cooks well. This should take about 4 minutes. Keep it warm.
- Warm the chips in a toaster oven, warm the protein.
- Warm the barbecue sauce.
- Cook the collards. Once the collards are cooked – either steamed or boiled – drain them very well, squeezing out excess water.
- Chop the pickles and scallions.
- To assemble your nachos, layer tortilla chips and add the protein, some barbecue sauce, the cheese sauce, collards, pickles, and scallions.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.