What is better than a baked vegan cheesecake for a little indulgence? How about a marshmallow-topped oreo cheesecake? Yup. That's better. This recipe is decadent, elegant, and so good.
Baked Marshmallow and Oreo Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 6 vegan sandwich cookies
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours in hot water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons arrowroot flour
- A large pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar free syrup
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup plain non-dairy yogurt or silken tofu
- 1 bag vegan marshmallows
- Grease two silicone molds.
- Separate the cream filling from the cookies with a knife.
- Set the filling aside for now.
- Add the biscuits to a blender and add the melted butter.
- Mix until it's very fine and then, press into greased tins.
- Put the crust in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350F°.
- If you haven't soaked your cashews yet, boil them for 10 minutes to make them nice and soft, then drain off the water. If you did soak them, drain off the soaking water.
- Once the base has chilled, add the reserved Oreo fillings, cashews, lemon juice, vanilla extract, arrowroot powder, salt, maple syrup, vanilla syrup, and yogurt into a blender and mix until completely the filling is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth it out.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Cover the tops of the cheesecakes completely with a single layer of marshmallows.
- Pop the cheesecakes under the grill and keep an eye on them - broil them until the marshmallows are golden. They'll puff up as they melt, so don't put them too close to the heat source.
- Remove from the oven and let them chill for 1-2 hours.