You simply have to try these decadent and rich brownies, made with healthy fats from avocado. Everyone will love them!
Avocado Brownies [Vegan]
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup well-mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce for a cake brownie (1/4 cup additional olive oil for a fudge brownie)
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed avocado, olive oil, applesauce, nondairy milk, water, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are crisp and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool before cutting and serving. Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.