This recipe for Aloo Gobi will sate your craving for spice and flavor. The rich curry is perfumed with a bold blend of spices and packed with healthy vegetables, roasted cashews, fried potatoes, and tender cauliflower.
Aloo Gobi: Cauliflower Curry With Potatoes and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Aloo Gobi: Cauliflower Curry With Potatoes and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 handful of cashews
- 17.6 ounces cauliflower
- 10.6 ounces potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 big piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 14 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 5.3 ounces chickpeas
- 1/2 red chili
How to Prepare Aloo Gobi: Cauliflower Curry With Potatoes and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the cashews in a hot pan, without oil, for 3 minutes at high heat. Stir them frequently. Then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Blend the cauliflower in small bunches and dice your potatoes. Finely chop the ginger, garlic, and one onion.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a hot pot and fry the potato cubes for 5 minutes at medium to high heat.
- Add the boiled cabbage and fry this for a further 5 minutes, stirring it frequently. Take the vegetables out of the pot and set them aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pan with the onion cubes, ginger, and garlic, at low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add your spices, roast them for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and season everything with salt.
- Add cauliflower, potato cubes, yogurt, and 1/3 cup of water and simmer the mixture, with the lid closed, at low to medium heat, for 10 minutes.
- Chop the coriander coarsely and add it to the curry with the chickpeas. After 3 minutes, add the chili and the remaining onions.
- Serve with basmati rice, cashew nuts, raw onion strips, chili, fresh coriander, and lime wedges.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chickpea Curry
- Potato Curry
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1432 | Total Carbs: 170 g | Total Fat: 69 g | Total Protein: 36 g | Total Sodium: 2718 g | Total Sugar: 33 g Per Serving: Calories: 358 | Carbs: 43 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 680 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.