This recipe for Aloo Gobi will sate your craving for spice and flavor. The rich curry is perfumed with a bold blend of spices and packed with healthy vegetables, roasted cashews, fried potatoes, and tender cauliflower.
Aloo Gobi: Cauliflower Curry With Potatoes and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 handful of cashews
- 17.6 ounces cauliflower
- 10.6 ounces potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 big piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 14 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 5.3 ounces chickpeas
- 1/2 red chili
- Place the cashews in a hot pan, without oil, for 3 minutes at high heat. Stir them frequently. Then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Blend the cauliflower in small bunches and dice your potatoes. Finely chop the ginger, garlic, and one onion.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a hot pot and fry the potato cubes for 5 minutes at medium to high heat.
- Add the boiled cabbage and fry this for a further 5 minutes, stirring it frequently. Take the vegetables out of the pot and set them aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pan with the onion cubes, ginger, and garlic, at low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add your spices, roast them for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and season everything with salt.
- Add cauliflower, potato cubes, yogurt, and 1/3 cup of water and simmer the mixture, with the lid closed, at low to medium heat, for 10 minutes.
- Chop the coriander coarsely and add it to the curry with the chickpeas. After 3 minutes, add the chili and the remaining onions.
- Serve with basmati rice, cashew nuts, raw onion strips, chili, fresh coriander, and lime wedges.