This butternut squash soup is literally all you want from a soup for fall: creamy, dreamy, and quick to prepare! You can totally experiment and switch out the butternut squash for any squash you have on hand. We love the unique combination of sweetness and spice in this recipe, and I know you will too!
7-Ingredient Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
- 1 medium butternut squash (5-6 cups), cubed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Peel, remove the seeds, and cube butternut squash, and steam for 6-8 minutes, or until completely soft when pierced with a fork.
- Add butternut squash, vegetable broth, tamari, coconut butter, cumin, lime juice, and pitted date to a blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and top with red pepper flakes, shredded coconut, and any other topping of choice.
- Butternut Squash