Apricots! These sweet little fruits are more than just a lovely color. They’re packed with a surprising amount of health benefits including anti-oxidants, vitamin A, and fiber. Just how versatile can an apricot be? Well, look no further, because we searched through the ever-expanding Food Monster App and found 15 fun recipes that use apricots, sweet and savory.
1. Apricot French Toast
This Apricot French Toast is a delicious vegan version of french toast. Lose the eggs and watch the magic happen. Serve with banana or any other fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup, a side of coconut yogurt and it’s heaven on a plate.
2. Lemon, Coconut, and Apricot Bars
Apricot and coconut is a classic combination, but it’s the creamy lemon icing that takes these bars to the next level. The tangy tartness from the lemon perfectly offsets the sweetness of the apricots, and the whole combo is just divine. These Lemon, Coconut, and Apricot Bars are the perfect dessert if you are looking for a fruit-flavored sweet treat that isn’t packed with refined sugars.
3. Chickpea Peanut Stew With Apricot and Raisins
This Chickpea Peanut Stew with Apricot and Raisins is warm and cozy, perfect for a Sunday night dinner. The stew is so filling and deserves a night in your pajamas and a movie! Serve it with rice and garnish it with cilantro and peanuts.
4. Smoky Tomato Apricot Barbecue Sauce
Yes, you can make your own barbecue sauce easily at home! This Smoky Tomato Apricot Barbecue Sauce recipe makes a sauce better than any you will ever find in a store. The sweetness of the apricots balances the smoky flavors of the fire-roasted tomatoes and the heat of the dried chili pepper.
5. Apricot Tart
Of course, apricots and sweets go hand in hand. Try these delicious and yummy Apricot Tarts! What a classic beauty.
6. Apricot Tart With Lavender Sugar
This Apricot Tart With Lavender Sugar is a delicious treat for all ages. The simple, shortbread crust is topped with a luxurious pudding and finished off with some caramelized, lavender apricots that make this the perfect dessert for a special occasion.
7. Grilled Apricots With Almond Pistachio Ricotta
This Grilled Apricot With Almond Pistachio Ricotta is as tasty as it is eye-catching. Juicy apricots are sliced open, stuffed with creamy and slightly tangy almond ricotta, and topped with chopped pistachios. Vibrant and delicious!
8. No-Bake Apricot Squares
These No Bake Apricot Squares are the perfect sweet snack! Not only are they no-bake, but they also take only 10 minutes to throw together. The crust can be made with oat flour or almond flour, so it’s a great dessert for those with gluten and grain allergies and it’s topped with a sticky-sweet apricot topping. You can’t get much better than that.
9. Skillet Buckwheat Breakfast Cake With Apricots and Poppy Seeds
This Dutch baby-inspired Skillet Buckwheat Breakfast Cake With Apricots and Poppy Seeds is perfect for breakfast. It is made from buckwheat and low in sugar, but wonderfully moist and delicate. It has a fluffy texture and nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the lemon thyme-sautéed apricots.
10. Lavender and Apricot Earl Grey Cake
Lavender extract is well-known for its soothing properties. When added to baked goods, it adds a nice floral touch and brightness! Enjoy this Lavender and Apricot Earl Grey Cake at your next brunch or fancier gathering to wow your guests.
11. Sage, Onion, and Apricot Stuffing
This Sage, Onion, and Apricot Stuffing is made with onions, dried apricots, applesauce, and plenty of sage. The result is a side dish that is the perfect balance of savory and sweet. Serve this at your dinner parties and we guarantee your guests will be wowed!
12. Apricot Almond Tart
Apricots on their own are wonderfully tangy and aromatic, but stick them in a pastry shell with some sweet preserves and crunchy almonds and you’ve taken them to an entirely new level. This Apricot Almond Tart is jammy, crumbly, and the perfect balance between puckery and sweet, with the almonds adding a satisfying crunch. Best of all, it’s so easy to make.
13. Grilled Apricot and Endive Salad
For a delicate dish with citrusy notes, look no further than this Grilled Apricot and Endive Salad. Set atop a bed of baby spinach, the bitterness of the endives balances perfectly with the sweet apricots, and the apricot-mint dressing ties the whole dish together. Garnish with crushed, toasted hazelnuts for a nice, nutty touch.
14. Apricot Cookie Bars
These fruity, crunchy, gluten-free Apricot Cookie Bars have no added sugar — only natural sweeteners. This sweet treat is made with sunny yellow apricot jam and a crunchy crumble topping layer. This dessert is both a delight to look at and to eat.
15. Lentil Apricot Tapenade With Curry Aioli
A deliciously creamy Lentil Apricot Tapenade With Curry Aioli that can be served chunky or smooth. The punch of onion and the sweetness of the apricot, plus the crunch of almonds, dress up this versatile legume beautifully.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!