No holiday meal is complete without some delicious stuffing. This unique take on the festive dish is made with onions, dried apricots, applesauce, and plenty of sage. The result is a stuffing that is the perfect balance of savory and sweet. Serve this with your holiday dinner and we guarantee your guests will be wowed!
Sage, Onion, and Apricot Stuffing [Vegan]
- 3 large white onions
- 8 dried apricots
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the apricots in water to soak for 10 minutes in warm water, while you prepare the rest of the stuffing ingredients.
- Boil a pan of water and place the peeled, whole onions in. Simmer for 8 minutes, then drain.
- Take two of the onions and chop finely in either a food processor, or by pulsing a hand-held stick blender or blender and place in a large bowl. Finely chop the remaining onion and add to the bowl.
- Finely slice up the apricots and add to the bowl of onions along with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything together well and place in a lightly greased 8 by 8-inch baking pan or loaf tin, spreading evenly. You could also roll the stuffing into walnut sized balls and place in the baking pan.
- Bake in oven preheated to 392°F for 30-40 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve.