Lavender extract is well-known for its soothing properties. When added to baked goods, it adds a nice floral touch and brightness! Enjoy this lavender and apricot earl grey cake at your next brunch or fancier gathering to wow your guests.
Lavender and Apricot Earl Grey Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (see notes)
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup lentil flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Couple drops of lavender extract
- 3/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots plus extra for topping
- Heat almond milk in the microwave for one minute, steep tea bags in the almond milk as you do the rest of the steps.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line and grease a 9-inch spring form cake pan.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the rest of your wet ingredients. Squeeze all liquid from tea bags before removing them from the steeped milk mixture and then stir this in last.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir in chopped apricots.
- Pour mixture into the pan you are using.
- Sprinkle additional apricots and some cinnamon on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
You can use all-purpose or spelt flour. If you wish to make this gluten free, you can substitute all-purpose for more millet but add 2 teaspoons of guar or xanthan gum.