This apricot and banana french toast is a delicious vegan version of french toast. Lose the eggs and watch the magic happen. Serve with banana or any other fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup, a side of coconut yogurt and it’s heaven on a plate.
Apricot French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Apricot French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- Crusty bread cut into slices (gluten-free if necessary)
- Maple syrup, cinnamon, and fresh fruit to serve
How To Make Apricot French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a small sauce pan, simmer your milk and apricots on low heat for about 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, add this to your blender with the banana, flax seeds, and vanilla essence and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a shallow dish and mix in the cinnamon.
- Coat your bread on both sides and shallow fry in some olive oil until golden. About 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite fruit and maple syrup. Add a side of coconut yogurt if you like.
Per Serving: Calories: 92 | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 139 mg | Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile