Apricot and coconut is a classic combination, but it's the creamy lemon icing that really takes these bars to the next level. The tangy tartness from the lemon perfectly offsets the sweetness of the apricots, and the whole combo is just divine. These are the perfect dessert if you are looking for a fruit flavored sweet treat that isn't packed with refined sugars.
Lemon, Coconut, and Apricot Bars [Vegan, Grain-Free, Raw]
For the Apricot and Coconut Fudge Layer:
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight, rinsed, drained, and dried well
- 1 cup shredded coconut plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/8 teaspoon rock salt
For the Creamy Lemon Topping:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked 1-2 hours
- 1/8 cup coconut nectar
- 1/8 cup lucuma powder (if you don't have this, just double the coconut nectar)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Blend base ingredients in your food processor until a sticky cookie dough type texture forms, then press mixture into a lined baking tray and put in the freezer.
- Blend topping ingredients until super creamy (there shouldn't be any cashew lumps whatsoever when you're finished). If your processor is not that strong, scrape down the lid and sides of your machine one or two times and blend again to remove any last lumps. Pour on top of base and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with coconut and put in the freezer overnight.