This grilled apricot appetizer is as tasty as it is eye-catching. Juicy apricots are sliced open, stuffed with a creamy and slightly tangy almond ricotta, and topped with chopped pistachios. Vibrant and delicious!
Grilled Apricots with Almond Pistachio Ricotta [Vegan]
- 6 apricots
- 6 heaping tablespoons almond ricotta
- 1/4 cup pistachios, unshelled plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup plus extra for drizzle
- Chop pistachios and set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Slice apricots in half and remove pit. Place apricots face down on grill for 3-4 minutes, or until tender and grill marks form. Turn over and grill on opposite side for 1-2 minutes, until soft. Remove from grill and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, cinnamon, all but 2 tablespoons of pistachios, and sweetener until well combined.
- Stuff each apricot half with ricotta mixture and top with remaining pistachios and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.