These apricot squares are the perfect sweet snack for summer! Not only are they no-bake, they take only 10 minutes to throw together. The crust can be made with oat flour or almond flour, so it's a great dessert for those with gluten and grain allergies and it's topped with a sticky-sweet apricot topping. You can't get much better than that!
No-Bake Apricot Squares [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almond flour (for grain-free) or oat flour
- 40 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
To Make the Crust:
- Place 10 apricots into a food processor or high-speed blender, and blend on low until finely chopped.
- Add in the coconut oil and almond butter and blend until combined.
- Remove the mixture and scoop it into a small mixing bowl.
- Add in the almond flour or oat flour, 1 cup at a time. Add coconut sugar, if desired. Hand mix until combined. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of an 8x8-inch square pan.
- Pour the crust mixture into the pan and press down firmly until even. Set aside.
To Make the Apricot Topping:
- Rinse out your blender/food processor and then add in the rest of the apricots.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- Add in 1/4 cup of water and blend/process until paste-like.
- Spoon the apricot purée over the crust and spread evenly.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Place in the freezer for an hour. Cut into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Adapted from Fit Foodie Finds.