Google released its “Year in Search Trends” report for 2019, and popular diet trends were included in the roundup.
Following a healthy lifestyle has great benefits, however, it is important to keep in mind that while following any diet, make sure it is a well balanced one and you are getting the proper nutrients for your body and mind. It’s important to understand your body’s specific limitations by consulting with a medical professional, dietician or nutritionist.
Check out the trends, as well as our linked recommendations, below:
The J.Lo Diet
Jennifer Lopez announced in January of 2019 she was giving up carbs and sugar for ten days. Her nutritionist told her to cut out dairy, starchy vegetables, dairy, fruits and grains, and candy, pastries and sweeteners. She instead focused on cruciferous vegetables, leafy greens, fats, protein, nuts, seeds, seafood and eggs. Want the J.Lo diet? Check out these recipes:
- Cruciferous Veggies 101: How to Cook Them In Plant-Based Recipes
- 15 Cancer-Fighting Recipes Using Cruciferous Vegetables
- Dark Leafy Greens and The Importance Of Nitric Oxide Production
- 20 Ways to Add More Leafy Greens to Your Diet
- The Ultimate Seed Guide
- How to Make Vegan Seafood Dishes Without the Fish
- The Healthiest Egg Substitutions for Holiday Baking
- High-Protein Vegan Recipes
This diet focuses on eating for your body type. “Endomorphs” have higher body fat percentages and larger bodies. This diet removes processed and refined foods, cuts carbs and sugar and focuses on healthy fats and proteins. Read more about healthy fats and proteins below:
- 15 Plant-Based Healthy Fat-Filled Recipes
- A Green Monster’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Plant-Based Protein
- 26 Delicious Vegan Sources of Protein (The Ultimate Guide!)
- A Green Monster’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Healthy Fats
- 10 Tips for Shifting from Processed Foods to Whole Foods
- How to Get Healthy Nutrient-Rich Carbohydrate Substitutes on a Low-Carb Diet
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: LOW SUGAR MENU
“No Carbs, No Sugar”
This popular search had dieters removing all carbs and sugars from their diets. Find recipes with lower carb and sugar content here:
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: LOW SUGAR MENU
- 15 Plant-Based Sugar-Free Recipes to Help You Sleep
- Weekly Meal Plan: Low-Carb Vegan Meals!
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: LOW-CARB MENU
- Why You Should Try a Low-Carb (But Not Paleo) Vegan Diet
Sirtfood was a common search in October 2019. This diet includes green tea, citrus, parsley, capers, blueberries, and apples. It’s supposed to help with metabolism and inflammation. Get our suggested recipes below:
- How to Improve and Preserve Your Metabolism as You Age
- 15 Inflammation-Fighting Plant-Based Recipes to Manage Chronic Pain
- Brighten Up Your Day With These 15 Plant-Based Citrus Recipes For Summer!
- Celebrate National Kale Day With These 21 Recipes That Go Beyond Kale Salad
The Dubrow diet combines intermittent fasting with vegetables and low-fat foods during the second phase of the diet. Check out vegetable heavy and low-fat recipes here:
- Weekly Meal Plan: Low-Fat Vegan Meals!
- 10 Ways to Get Yourself to Eat More Vegetables
- The Ultimate Guide to Roasting Vegetables
- Yes, This is for REAL! 10 Low Fat, Low Sugar, Raw Vegan Desserts
1200 Calorie Diet
The 1,200 Calorie diet focuses on reducing calories to lose weight. Get healthy low calorie options here:
- Oil Free & Low Fat Archives
- 15 Low-Fat Cauliflower Rice Recipes!
- 10 Hacks That Can Make Sweet Treats Healthier
- 5 Lean, Low Fat Oil Alternatives That Taste Great
Dr. Sebi Diet
The Dr. Sebi diet found popularity during the later half of the year. This diet depends on keeping the body alkaline, cutting out wheat and animal products. Dr. Sebi was part of an overall trend for reduced animal products in diets. But the most popular search was intermittent fasting. Read more about intermittent fasting here:
- Mastering Intermittent Fasting on a Plant-Based Diet
- The Ultimate Cleanse? The Pros and Cons of Fasting, Plus a How-To Guide
- The Health Benefits of Fasting and Dangers to be Aware of
Reducing your meat intake, eating more veggies and plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. Learn about some Common Health Concerns That May Disappear Once You Ditch Dairy and 10 Calcium Supplements For Healthy Living on a Dairy-Free and 10 Carrageenan-Free Non-Dairy Products!
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!